Ever since the book came out, I've received feedback about how it's made women think about friendships throughout their lives, as well as who is in their lives now. The goal of this blog is to open up and create a dialogue about friendships: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Each week I will post my thoughts, experiences, as well as various articles, topics or quotes that I feel are important when examining female friendships. Please feel free to leave comments; I look forward to hearing from you!

Email me: survivingfemalefriendships@gmail.com

Follow me: https://www.facebook.com/Surviving-Female-Friendships-839907162798307/?ref=hl https://twitter.com/ZangaraNicole

Monday, October 15, 2012

Think Pink

As many of you know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 

Every October during my dancing days, I'd participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk and then perform at the Hatch Shell in Boston with my dance group.  It was a very meaningful day - even in my youth, I knew it was a disease that affected many people.  Each year, I felt such an honor to perform on that day; it wasn't just any performance, it was one that had a significant amount of emotion for those in the audience - emotions different than those felt during other performances.

As I grow older, I am even more aware of this disease, and it's impact on those around me. 

What does this month mean to you when it comes to breast cancer?  Have you or a friend experienced the disease in some way?  If so, how did you and your friends manage the news?

No comments:

Post a Comment