Ever since the book came out, I've received feedback about how it's made women think about friendships throughout their lives, as well as who is in their lives now. The goal of this blog is to open up and create a dialogue about friendships: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Each week I will post my thoughts, experiences, as well as various articles, topics or quotes that I feel are important when examining female friendships. Please feel free to leave comments; I look forward to hearing from you!

Email me: survivingfemalefriendships@gmail.com

Follow me: https://www.facebook.com/Surviving-Female-Friendships-839907162798307/?ref=hl https://twitter.com/ZangaraNicole

Monday, September 17, 2012

Friends and Travel



I was recently at the airport for many, many hours – actually, to be accurate, it was two airports due to connecting flights and having delays and problems with the plane (thankfully, all was resolved).  I've done enough travelling in my life, so I can confidently state that flying can be an interesting experience due to who you'll see (I enjoy people watching) and who you'll meet. 

Inevitably when I travel, I start talking to others around me.  Especially sitting in the airport or on a plane for hours, it's easy to strike up a conversation with the person next to you.  Whether it's about what you both do for a living or about your families, sometimes you find you've spoken to this person for the entire plane ride.  Some of you may even exchange contact information and discuss getting together for a drink or meal – outside of the airport, of course – if you live in the same city or part of town.  We're complete strangers when we walk into the airport and onto the plane, but can leave the airport with a new acquaintance who may even become a friend. 
 
Although it’s important to note that there are some people who look like they don't want to be bothered – so I also think it depends on what type of person you are and how you interact with strangers.  I will admit that there are times when I don’t feel like engaging in conversation (especially if I haven’t had my cup of coffee yet) or want to listen to my iPod – it all just depends.

Do you have any interesting or comical airport/airplane stories about people you’ve met?  Can you remember any situations in which you found yourself sharing more information with a complete stranger and/or found a connection between you two?

No comments:

Post a Comment